Booking forms allow you to collect information on a matter, including custom fields, while simultaneously allowing them to book their own appointment all in one step. These forms can also easily be embedded onto your website to allow for appointment booking from the calendar widget, without needing to direct the lead to a separate web page or link.
Follow the steps below to begin using our custom appointment booking forms.
1. Click on "Booking Forms" from the Assets menu option at the top of the screen.
2. Click on "Create New Booking Form" in the top right area of the screen.
3. Fill out the basic information about the form.
- Form Name: Enter the name of the form to be displayed in Lawmatics.
- Appointment Type: Choose the appointment types that will be booked from this form. You can select multiple evappointmentent types, which will allow the person booking to choose the appointment they want to book before they are shown the availability calendar.
- Meeting Hosts: Select the users who will host the appointment. This will indicate whose calendar availability is used for this booking form. If you select multiple users, you will have the chance to select whether the calendar should display times when BOTH users are available, or if the person booking can change between hosts to see each person's availability independently.
- Location: Select the location (or multiple location options) for this meeting. When multiple locations are selected, the recipient will be able to select which location they prefer. Note that you can use your Zoom integration here to have the appointment automatically created with a zoom link.
- Form Type: Select the record that you would like this booking form to create when filled out by someone who is not already in Lawmatics. In most cases, you will want this booking form to be a matter form, creating a matter when filled out or updating an existing matter.
- Internal Use: Leave this option turned off if you will be sharing the form with a client/PNC or embedding the form on your website.
4. Create your booking form.
- Just like with a regular Lawmatics custom form, drag and drop any field from the left sidebar into the form canvas to add that field to the form. Once a field has been added to the form, click on it to make the field required and change the label of the field as needed.
- The pastel green booking field, shown above, is where the calendar availability widget will be displayed. It will always be displayed on its own page. Any field you put before that green boxed area will be requested before the user selects their appointment date and time, and any field you put after the green box will be requested after they select the appointment time.
- You can click on the green booking field to edit the appointment data that was previously selected for the form. This will open the booking request options, highlighted in red below.
- If you have opted to "Allow client to change meeting hosts?", as shown above, then when a client is booking from this form, they will be able to use the drop down menu, shown below, to change between the hosts or include both hosts.
- If you have selected multiple different Appointment Types, then the client will be able to select an appointment type before booking, displayed below.
- Once they have selected, they will be taken to the calendar widget to book. If they change their mind, they can click the edit pencil, shown below, to reselect an appointment type.
When editing the appointment within your form you also have the option to include multiple hosts. Easily select whether the availability should show when ALL hosts must be available for the meeting, or use the ANY option to showcase the soonest individual availability among the multiple hosts.
5. Click on "Save Form" when you are done editing the form. You are now ready to use it.
- You can send a booking form directly to a matter either from their profile page or via automation. To send from their matter, navigate to the matter's profile, click Form Actions at the bottom, and select Share Booking. This will email them the booking form
- You can also open a booking form to be filled out for this matter internally, highlighted above as well.
- To send a booking form via automation, you will use the Appointment Request action item, and then select your custom booking form, as shown below.
- You will then select whether you would like to share the form via email or text message
- The last option for using a booking form is to embed it on your website. To do so, first navigate to the Booking Forms page under the Assets tab. Then click the ... icon on the right, select Embed Snippet, copy and paste the snippet provided into your website code.
How are booking forms different from appointment requests or booking links?
The main benefit of a booking form is that you can also populate data while simultaneously booking an appointment. The appointment request is great if you only need to book an appointment, but the booking form takes it up a notch by letting you also collect information, via any fields on the form, including custom fields. The booking form also has the ability to embed the calendar widget directly on your site without needing to link to a separate page, like you would with a booking link.
Can I create a booking form for a user other than myself?
Yes, when creating a booking form you will need to select the meeting host. This can be any of your users, including both active and non-active users ($15 per non active user per month). Just make sure that this user has connected their calendar on their own calendar settings page before creating a booking form for them.
Can I trigger an automation when a booking form is filled out?
Yes, simply use the appointment created entry condition and select the appointment type that is in use on the booking form. This will trigger the automation when someone fills out the booking form, selecting their appointment date and time.