Email Domain Validation
NOTE: Email Domain Validation is a feature ONLY available to our INTAKE + MARKETING subscribers.
Validating your email domain is an important part of setting up your Lawmatics account. It will help greatly with deliverability when it comes to sending outbound emails from Lawmatics. Validating you domain gives Lawmatics permission to send emails on your domains behalf, instead of the “lawmatics-mailer.com” domain name.
1. To validate your email domain, the first thing you will want to do is go to your settings page, select "email domain settings", and then enter your email domain (this is everything after the @ in your email address).
2. Once you have done this, there will be an arrow next to your domain that you can click on and it will give you access to 3 CNAME hosts and values:
Once you have access to these, you will want to follow these instructions:
1. Sign into your account with your DNS Provider
- If you don’t know who this is, read Identify your domain host
2. Go to your domain’s DNS records.
3. Add a record to your DNS settings, selecting CNAME as the record type.
4. Return to the Lawmatics and copy the contents of the Host field.
5. Paste the copied contents into the Label or Host field with your DNS records.
6. Return to Lawmatics and copy the contents of the Value field.
7. Paste the copied contents into the Destination or Target field with your DNS records.
8. Repeat these steps for the next two CNAMEs
NOTE: Some domain providers will automatically append your domain to the end of the host field (i.e. GoDaddy), so you will only want to add the first portion of the Host field for your DNS records (emxxxx, s1._domainkey, s2._domainkey).
Once you’ve entered the CNAMES into your DNS records, you can refresh Lawmatics and click “Validate Now.” If you’ve entered the records in correctly, you’ll see a green “validated” status next to your domain name.
What happens if I do not validate my firm's email domain?
Then any emails you send out of Lawmatics will send through our email domain, lawmatics-mailer.com. While it is not required to validate your custom email domain, it is strongly recommended. It will not only improve your deliverability rates, but also create a better experience for the recipients of your emails, since the emails will be coming from your email address directly
If I don't validate my email domain, can someone still reply to my emails?
Yes, even if you have not validated your email domain so your emails are sending through our email domain, your replies will still be routed directly to your email address.
I can't locate the DNS Records in my account for my domain and/or I can't figure out how to add records, what should I do?
First, reach out to your DNS provider for support, they will be the experts on configuring DNS for their specific services. If you are still having issues after you have worked with them to add the DNS records, then feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com for additional assistance.