Email Domain Validation
NOTE: Email Domain Validation is a feature ONLY available to our INTAKE + MARKETING subscribers.
Validating your email domain is an important part of setting up your Lawmatics account. It will help greatly with deliverability when it comes to sending outbound emails from Lawmatics. Validating you domain gives Lawmatics permission to send emails on your domains behalf, instead of the “lawmatics-mailer.com” domain name.
1. To validate your email domain, the first thing you will want to do is go to your settings page, select "email domain settings", and then enter your email domain (this is everything after the @ in your email address).
2. Once you have done this, there will be an arrow next to your domain that you can click on and it will give you access to 3 CNAME hosts and values:
Once you have access to these, you will want to follow these instructions:
1. Sign into your domain host
- If you don’t know who this is, read Identify your domain host
2. Go to your domain’s DNS records.
3. Add a record to your DNS settings, selecting CNAME as the record type.
4. Return to the Lawmatics and copy the contents of the Host field.
5. Paste the copied contents into the Label or Host field with your DNS records.
6. Return to Lawmatics and copy the contents of the Value field.
7. Paste the copied contents into the Destination or Target field with your DNS records.
8. Repeat these steps for the next two CNAMEs
NOTE: Some domain providers will automatically append your domain for the host field (i.e. GoDaddy), so you will only want to add the first portion of the Host field for your DNS records (emxxxx, s1._domainkey, s2._domainkey).
Once you’ve entered the CNAMES into your DNS records, you can refresh Lawmatics and click “Validate Now.” If you’ve entered the records in correctly, you’ll see a green “validated” status next to your domain name.