We have made it easy to integrate your Smokeball account with Lawmatics. If your firm uses Smokeball for case management, this integration allows you to automatically sync matters from Lawmatics to Smokeball, eliminating any need for multiple data entry.
It is important to note that this integration is a one-way sync from Lawmatics to Smokeball. Data entered in Smokeball will not transfer back into Lawmatics.
To connect your Smokeball account, you will first sign in to Lawmatics then click on to the Settings gear icon near the top right corner. Then select Integrations from the left sidebar, near the bottom. You will then click on Smokeball and click the button shown to connect your Smokeball account.
After you have connected your account, you will see a page similar to the one shown below.
First let's review the various options shown with green toggles above. These options allow you to customize what objects within a matter you would like to sync to Smokeball.
- Matter Conversion Sync Enabled: This option will be on by default. This is what allows your matters to sync from Lawmatics to Smokeball when the matter converts.
- Matter Document Sync Enabled: Turn this on to allow documents and files on your matters in Lawmatics to sync to your documents section on a matter in Smokeball. Your documents are found on a matter's profile under the Files tab, as shown below.
- Matter Note Sync Enabled: Turn this on to allow notes on your matters in Lawmatics to sync to your notes section on a matter in Smokeball. Your notes are found on a matter's profile under the Notes tab, as shown below.
These selections can be edited at any time as you see fit.
You also have the option to map your practice areas, as shown in the very first image above. Simply select one of your Lawmatics practice areas from the drop down menu, and then select the corresponding Smokeball practice area from the adjacent dropdown. Once you add the mapping, then matters will be able to sync from LM to Smokeball with the correct practice area assigned automatically.
As you scroll down the page, you will see your standard mapped fields, as shown below.
There are no additional steps needed here, the fields listed will automatically map from Lawmatics to Smokeball into their corresponding field.
You also have the option to map any of your custom fields. Select the Lawmatics field from the drop down, and then select the corresponding Smokeball field from that dropdown.
After you have connected your integration, you are ready to sync a matter to Smokeball. There are two different ways to sync a matter from Lawmatics to Smokeball: Conversion and Sync to Case Management. Let's break down each of those.
- Conversion: The convert button is found at the top right of any PNC matter in Lawmatics. The convert action can also be built into an automation. Clicking the convert button (or triggering it in an automation) will do two things: 1. The matter will be synced to Smokeball, and 2. The matter will change to a hired status in Lawmatics.
- Sync to Smokeball: Once you have your Smokeball account connected on the Integrations page, you will also see a button at the top of each matter labelled Sync to Smokeball. Use this button if you need to sync a matter to Smokeball before they have actually hired the firm, since this button will NOT track the matter as a conversion/hired matter in Lawmatics. You can also build this action into an automation using the Sync to Case Management button.
After a matter has been synced from Lawmatics to Smokeball you will still be able to add files, documents, data, etc. to the matter in Lawmatics. Should you wish to have any of this new data sync to Smokeball, simply click the Sync button found at the top of any matter that has already been synced and the new information will populate to the matter in Smokeball.
Clicking the Resync button will not result in a duplicate, but will simply update the existing matter that already exists in Smokeball.