Lawmatics makes it easy to integrate your Clio account with Lawmatics. If your firm uses Clio for case management, this integration allows you to automatically sync matters from Lawmatics to Clio, eliminating any need for multiple data entry.
Click here for more information from Clio on connecting your Clio account to Lawmatics.
It is important to note that this integration is a one-way sync from Lawmatics to Clio. Data entered in Clio will not transfer back into Lawmatics.
To connect your Clio account, you will first sign in to Lawmatics then click on to the Settings gear icon near the top right corner. Then select Integrations from the left sidebar, near the bottom. You will then click on Clio and click the button shown to connect your Clio account.
After you have connected your account, you will see a page similar to the one shown below.
First let's review the various options shown with green toggles above. These options allow you to customize what objects within a matter you would like to sync to Clio.
- Matter Conversion Sync Enabled: This option will be on by default. This is what allows your matters to sync from Lawmatics to Clio when the matter converts.
- Matter Document Sync Enabled: Turn this on to allow documents and files on your matters in Lawmatics to sync to your documents section on a matter in Clio. Your documents are found on a matter's profile under the Files tab, as shown below.
- Matter Note Sync Enabled: Turn this on to allow notes on your matters in Lawmatics to sync to your notes section on a matter in Clio. Your notes are found on a matter's profile under the Notes tab, as shown below.
- Matter Relationship Sync Enabled: This option allows any related contacts on a matter to sync to Clio. These related contacts will be created as their own contact in Clio, and connected to the matter via the appropriate relationship label. Remember, these relationships are found on the left side of a matter's profile as shown below.
These selections can be edited at any time as you see fit.
Your next step is to assign your field mapping. This determines which fields in Lawmatics will map to which of your custom fields in Clio. You will see that some basic fields come mapped by default, those will be listed in gray as shown below and they cannot be edited.
You can also map any custom fields by simply selecting the Lawmatics field from the drop down shown at the top left above, and then select which Clio field it corresponds to in the adjacent drop down menu.
Once you select the Clio field and add the mapping, you will see it listed in your field mappings. Feel free to map any and all of your fields. This is a process that only needs to be done once, and then moving forward any time a matter is synced from Lawmatics to Clio, any data populated into your mapped fields will be synced automatically.
Note that you can map fields on both the contact level as well as the matter level. These will be synced to the proper level in Clio accordingly.
After you have mapped your fields, you are ready to sync a matter to Clio. There are two different ways to sync a matter from Lawmatics to Clio: Conversion and Sync to Case Management. Let's break down each of those.
- Conversion: The convert button is found at the top right of any PNC matter in Lawmatics. The convert action can also be built into an automation. Clicking the convert button (or triggering it in an automation) will do two things: 1. The matter will be synced to Clio, and 2. The matter will change to a hired status in Lawmatics.
- Sync to Clio: Once you have your Clio account connected on the Integrations page, you will also see a button at the top of each matter labelled Sync to Clio. Use this button if you need to sync a matter to Clio before they have actually hired the firm, since this button will NOT track the matter as a conversion/hired matter in Lawmatics. You can also build this action into an automation using the Sync to Case Management button.
After a matter has been synced from Lawmatics to Clio you will still be able to add files, documents, data, etc. to the matter in Lawmatics. Should you wish to have any of this new data sync to Clio, simply click the Sync button found at the top of any matter that has already been synced and the new information will populate to the matter in Clio.
Clicking the Resync button will not result in a duplicate, but will simply update the existing matter that already exists in Clio.