Create HTML Email Template
Create email templates for use in newsletter campaigns, birthday campaigns, or any other recurring email campaign
Creating a beautiful templates that can be reused for multiple emails is easy to do with our email design suite. HTML emails are rich in content. They can contain anything from images to social media links. When you receive newsletters or promotional emails from online companies you are receiving HTML emails. Follow the steps below to get started with HTML email templates.
1. From the Emails section under Assets click on "New Template" from top right of the screen.
2. Enter a name for your template and then select a template to start from. You can always start with a blank slate, but we have several great templates to give you some inspiration.
3. Build your email! The key to the template is to remember that each time you use this template you will be filling it with new content. So the template is a framework that you will use every time you need to send an email using that template.
For example, in the image below, we created an area where we will link to an article every month in our newsletter email. Since this is the newsletter template, we just have placeholder text telling us what to do.
4. When you are done designing your template, click the "Save Template" button at bottom of screen. It is important to click "Save Template" and NOT "Save as Email".
Your template is now saved and ready to use. In order to use the template to create a new, sendable email, follow the steps below.
1. Find the template you want to use from your template list on the Emails page. Click on the "Plus" sign for the template you wish to use.
2. You will be prompted to enter some details about the new email you are creating from the template. Fill out the necessary fields. You will want to name the email something specific to the instance of the email you are sending. For example, if it is a newsletter, you might name the email Newsletter - November 2020.
3. Once you click create email, you will be taken back to the Email screen. The new email you created will now be available at the top of the "Your Emails" list, just below the Template section on the Emails page.
3. In order to edit the new email, click on the edit icon for the newly created email in the "Your Emails" section. PLEASE NOTE: Depending on your screen size, the edit icon may require horizontal scrolling to see. If you don't see the icons in the table, just scroll to the right.
4. Once you click edit, you will be taken the email editor canvas. You will see the entire template, as you created it, available for editing. You can easily replace all your placeholder content with new, fresh, relevant content.
5. Simply click on "Save Email" at the bottom when your email content is ready. Your email is now ready to be sent via any channel in Lawmatics!