We have made it easy to integrate your Filevine account with Lawmatics. If your firm uses Filevine for case management, this integration allows you to automatically sync matters from Lawmatics to Filevine, eliminating any need for multiple data entry.
First let's review the various options shown with green toggles above. These options allow you to customize what objects within a matter you would like to sync to Filevine.
- Matter Conversion Sync Enabled: This option will be on by default. This is what allows your matters to sync from Lawmatics to Filevine when the matter converts.
- Matter Document Sync Enabled: Turn this on to allow documents and files on your matters in Lawmatics to sync to your documents section on a matter in Filevine. Your documents are found on a matter's profile under the Files tab, as shown below.
- Matter Note Sync Enabled: Turn this on to allow notes on your matters in Lawmatics to sync to your notes section on a matter in Filevine. Your notes are found on a matter's profile under the Notes tab, as shown below.
- Matter Relationship Sync Enabled: This option allows any related contacts on a matter to sync to Filevine. These related contacts will be created as their own contact in Filevine, and connected to the matter via the appropriate relationship label. Remember, these relationships are found on the left side of a matter's profile as shown below.
These selections can be edited at any time as you see fit.
You also have the option to map your practice areas, as shown in the very first image above. Simply select one of your Lawmatics practice areas from the drop down menu, and then select the corresponding Filevine practice area from the adjacent dropdown. Once you add the mapping, then matters will be able to sync from LM to Filevine with the correct practice area assigned automatically.
As you scroll down the page, you will see your standard mapped fields, as shown below.
There are no additional steps needed here, the fields listed will automatically map from Lawmatics to Filevine into their corresponding field.
At this time, custom field mapping is not supported with the Filevine integration.
After you have connected your integration, you are ready to sync a matter to Filevine. There are two different ways to sync a matter from Lawmatics to Filevine: Conversion and Sync to Case Management. Let's break down each of those.
- Conversion: The convert button is found at the top right of any PNC matter in Lawmatics. The convert action can also be built into an automation. Clicking the convert button (or triggering it in an automation) will do two things: 1. The matter will be synced to Filevine, and 2. The matter will change to a hired status in Lawmatics.
- Sync to Filevine: Once you have your Filevine account connected on the Integrations page, you will also see a button at the top of each matter labelled Sync to Filevine. Use this button if you need to sync a matter to Filevine before they have actually hired the firm, since this button will NOT track the matter as a conversion/hired matter in Lawmatics. You can also build this action into an automation using the Sync to Case Management button.
After a matter has been synced from Lawmatics to Filevine you will still be able to add files, documents, data, etc. to the matter in Lawmatics. Should you wish to have any of this new data sync to Filevine, simply click the Sync button found at the top of any matter that has already been synced and the new information will populate to the matter in Filevine.
Clicking the Resync button will not result in a duplicate, but will simply update the existing matter that already exists in Filevine.